Skip to main content

The Girl and the Wolf

       I created this short story orally, by the time I still believed there were wolves on pathways to grandma's house. I used to create lots of them, mostly as plays, but this one was made as a narrative. When I was a teen, I rewrote it for an English class assignment and shortly after that, my school's newspaper published it uncredited. No, it wasn't in 1939; I'm not that old.


The Little Girl and the Wolf

    One afternoon a big wolf waited in a dark forest for a little girl to come along carrying a basket of food to her grandmother. Finally a little girl did come along and she was carrying a basket of food. "Are you carrying that basket to your grandmother?" asked the wolf. The little girl said yes, she was. So the wolf asked her where her grandmother lived and the little girl told him and he disappeared into the wood.

    When the little girl opened the door of her grandmother's house she saw that there was somebody in bed with a nightcap on. She had approached no nearer than twenty-five feet from the bed when she saw that it was not her grandmother but the wolf, for even in a nightcap a wolf does not look any more like your grandmother than the Metro-Goldwyn lion looks like Calvin Coolidge. So the little girl took an automatic out of her basket and shot the wolf dead.

Moral: It is not so easy to fool little girls nowadays as it used to be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Luz Es Como El Agua | Light Is Like Water | Part 1

      I wrote this short story many years ago, while I was in college and started taking Spanish language lessons in a idiom school. I wrote it as an assigment for my classes, originally in Spanish.  It's been credited to another (real?) author on the internet, with the date of 78, but it's decades younger than that.  No, I didn't ghostwrote this. My service offerings as ghostwriter is recent and much due to the situation I'm currently in, which seems like one obvious consequence of having my intellectual property used without permission. I only did two ghostwriting services in the past, as a kid. One of those resulted in a shared guard of the prize, modest for an adult, but a real treasure for two kids at that time. This story inspired in my childhood; since young age, I was interested in science and technology, hence my many screenplays in sci-fi, and was fortunate enough to get a correct explanation, thus being able to write this story.  It will be published in part

Can you confirm a short story?

       There's a short story that I love that I think it's mine, but I can't be sure for I had many of my drafts spied on and taken away. This has been happening repeatdly for years, and besides having my original pieces taken away, I've also been heard without my awareness and without my consent.      I'm absolutely sure about many pieces of work with precision of details about date and place, but, as they are many, there are some cases which I not one hundred percent positive about my authorship. And the sensation is  unsettling.       But, fortunately for me, lots of people know about it. I remembered something about this brilliant short story I've been enjoying since my teens that, in the cold light of my confirmed authorship of other works, makes me suspect it's also mine. You know which one I'm talking about. And as it happens in those cases, it's terrible thinking about that without confirmation.      That's where you come in. If you have

La Luz Es Como El Agua | Light Is Like Water | Part 2

La Luz Es Como El Agua - part 2 Read it in English      Esta aventura fabulosa fue el resultado de una ligereza mia cuando participaba en un seminario sobre la poesia de los utensilios domésticos. Totó me preguntó cómo era que la luz se encendia con sólo apretar un botón, y yo no tuve el valor de pensarlo dos veces.      La luz es como el agua - le contesté: uno abre el grifo, y sale.      De modo que siguieron navegando los miércoles en la noche, aprendiendo el manejo del sextante y la brújula, hasta que los padres regresaban del cine y los encontraban dormidos como ángeles de tierra firme. Meses después, ansiosos de ir más lejos, pidieron un equipo de pesca submarina. Con todo: máscaras, aletas, tanques y escopetas de aire comprimido.      - Está mal que tengan en el cuarto de servicio un bote de remos que no les sirve para nada - dijo el padre -. Pero está peor que quieran tener además equipos de buceo.      - ?Y si nos ganamos la gardenia de oro del primer semestre? - dijo Joel.